The role of a Chief Ethics and Compliance Officer (CECO) has evolved beyond focusing on industry-specific regulatory requirements and obligations. The CECO occupies a more critical position responsible for building and maintaining an ethical culture and prevent corruption inherent in competing in the global marketplace. Strengthening the organizational ethical fabric involves instituting and ensuring compliance with policies related to anti-corruption, code of conduct, harassment, employee diversity, data privacy and security. Industry specific issues such as fraudulent sales & marketing practices in Life Sciences and Medicare/Medicaid fraud in Healthcare keep the CECO awake.
Join this MetricStream webinar featuring Mike Rasmussen, Risk and Compliance Advisor, Corporate Integrity and Gaurav Kapoor, Chief Operating Officer, MetricStream, to discuss:
- CECO and General Counsel - the need to have different entities in place
- Importance of the CECO to collaborate with other control functions like audit and risk
- Ensuring consistent approach for internal ethical culture and external business conduct
- Managing compliance with regulations like FCPA, UK Anti-Bribery & Dodd-Frank
- How the CECO can leverage technology to be more effective