In-house counsel roles have been expanding in recent years to include serving as corporate compliance officer in addition to performing traditional legal duties. While many counsels believe that these roles are really one and the same, they are truly distinct. The role of compliance officer is also expanding rapidly in a new era of increasing regulatory enforcement.
This webinar will examine the challenges facing counsel who also have the title or function of compliance and ethics officer for their companies. We will explore the inherent conflicts, the recent trends and views of the government on the topic, and the skills necessary to function effectively if performing both roles.
- What history tells us on the topic - Case Studies
- What the government has to say on the topic in recent years
- What it means to be “Chief Ethics and Compliance Officer”
- Conflicts that arise in the roles
- Systemizing and automating processes that help playing the dual role